I’ve been nominated by the lovely Kerry of Kerryberrybooks. Thank you!
The wonderful Marina of Book Poisoining nominated me as well. Thank you!
And last minute nomination by the fantastic Literary Counsellor. Thank you!
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award
- Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you
- Give eleven random facts about yourself
- Nominate eleven bloggers that you think are deserving of the award (with less than 200 followers)
- Let the bloggers know you have nominated them
- Give them eleven questions to answer
1. Best book you’ve read so far this year? I can’t decide… there were a lot of good books. Maybe The Darkest Minds?
2. Favourite place to read? My couch! I can support my neck while laying on my side, so I can read for hours at a time.
3. How do you spend your days off? So… not really different than other days? I am studying at home, so I can plan my day like I want to. My usual day is filled with some reading for fun, some for University, studying, a little blogging, chatting with my girlfriend and maybe watching TV. Interesting, right?
4. If you could spend one week anywhere in the world (all expenses paid) where would you go? Hmmm… usually I’d say something like somewhere in the Caribbean, but a few years ago I’ve been there and while it was really beautiful, I’d like to see something new. Japan. I want to visit Japan. If I could I’d want to travel through it… see everything. (Impossible in one week)
5. On a typical day, what do you eat for breakfast? Cereal! Usually with yoghurt and some fruit.
6. Book that you would like to see turned into a film? Ehhh… okay, how about In the company of shadows? Dystopian, diverse, really interesting and… well…. explicit?
7. Do you cook? If so, what is your signature dish? I cook a little. I want to learn to be better. One of my best and most loved dishes is a simple one. Noddles and tomato sauce (had it for dinner yesterday and the leftovers I’ll eat after writing this post)
8. What part of blogging do you enjoy the most? The ‘discussions’ I think. Talking with other bloggers and learn what they think.
9. Most prized possession? I don’t think, that I have one? That’s kinda sad, isn’t it?
10. What would you do if you won the lottery? Buy all my loved ones something nice. Travel. Buy the things I always wanted but didn’t have the money for. Save a lot of it.
1. Which fictional character do you wish were real ? … (hours later) How am I supposed to chose?! Okay, let’s go with Rincewind? I think he would like a normal life.
2. What is the longest book you’ve ever read ? I think A Storm Of Swords.
3. Any book you wish you could reread for the first time ? No. I like rereading books and noticing things I haven’t noticed before.
4. What’s your favourite things about blogging ? Connecting with other bloggers (and sometimes authors, although I am kinda ‘afraid’ of them)
5. If you could live inside a book, which one would it be ? I wouldn’t survive in the books I really like, honestly. But maybe in Raymond Feist’s Midkemia Series? There are so many things happening, so many different peoples…
6. Which author would you most like to meet ? I would be so excited, I wouldn’t know any english anymore, so I should choose a german author. Sebastian Fitzek. I love his books and I even saw one as a theatre play.
7. If you could have any of your questions about a book answered, what would it be ? (ex : what happens to Gale after Mockingjay ? etc) Let’s take a book I have read this month: About a girl. What was going on with Shane?!
8. Which book do you have no intention of reading ? 50 shades of grey. And because that is a book a lot of people may name, I’ll give another one as well. The fault in our stars.
9. Are you more Amazon or your local bookstore ? Amazon all the way. I love shopping in an actual bookstore, but I don’t have enough time for that.
10. Which character’s death was just too real to handle ? Sirius. I cried… and then I was so hopeful because of the mirror thingy? And then… tears again. Poor Harry.
11. If you could have a bookish-themed wedding, what theme would you choose ? Lord of the rings. Just because.
Literary Counsellor’s questions
1. What made you want to start blogging? After a suggestion I read a lot of blogs and it seemed so much fun… I wanted to do it too.
2. What was your favourite book as a child? Peter and Anneli’s Journey to the moon!
3. If you could recommend only one book for me to read, what would it be? Error… error… error… After throwing a dice, the winner is Cracked.
4. What and where is your favourite book store, and why? It’s a chain called Mayersche. the one I know is in cologne and it is sooo big. A lot of comfy sitting places, so many books, really nice sellers.
5. What hobbies do you have other than reading? Watching tv. I try to knit a little…
6. If you could have one magical/ mythical animal as a pet, what would it be? A pet dragon. One that could change its size so I could take it everywhere with me.
7. How do you decide if you want to read a book or not? The final decision is made after reading a sample of said book.
8. You inherited a bookstore (Congratulations!) but you have to change the name. What do you call it? I’d use my blog name: Books to get lost in.
9. What was your least favourite book to read in school and why? The confusions of Young Törless. The language… urgh. The characters… urgh… oh, the boredom. Do you wanna know a secret? I didn’t finish it. Same with Effi Briest, which is a close second. I just couldn’t identify with the books. At all.
10. If you could visit Hogwarts (the fictional version) or Narnia, but not both, which would you choose and why? So, next ‘secret’: I have never read or watched Narnia. I don’t know anything about it. So I choose Hogwarts. I grew up with the Harry Potter books and I would like to travel through the magical world, see the different cultures… okay, I would totally study the differences.
- I’m really forgetful.
- I often get lost for a little time.
- I’ve got social anxiety.
- I try to become more organized.
- I’ve got really, REALLY loud neighbours.
- I’ve been bitten by a bumblebee and now I am afraid of them.
- I always need something on my lap, like a pillow or a bag.
- I drink often drink straight out of a bottle instead of using a glass.
- I once put so many books on my shelf that it broke a little
- I’ve been composing this list for the last 20 minutes
- I wanted every sentence to begin with I. It was harder than I thought it would be.
- Paperback discovery
- Comfy reading
- Book is glee
- Book Dreamer
- Just love romance
- Book snacks
- Reading femme
- Little blog of books
- Brianne’s reviews
I’m working this time with pingbacks because the last time wordpress deleted or whatever the comments I made for informing people.
To the nominees: I really like your blogs and more people should follow you!
- Think back: Your favourite book as a child?
- Which fictional character would you like as a brother? As a sister?
- If your life would be a book… which genre would it be?
- What is your biggest pet peeve in books?
- What is your favourite book turned into movie/tv series?
- What is the worst book turned into movie/tv series?
- Which was the last book that made you lose sleep because you read way too long into the night?
- Have you ever dreamed about a book?
- Who is your favourite side character?
- Who is your favourite villain?
- Which book has to be published right now because you can’t take the wait any longer?